Saturday 15 February 2014

Broken Tears Episode 9

 Aisha walked the beach, holding her husband's hand, the girls were away on service and they had taken the day out to just unwind and talk about everything. Their life together was blissful, though they had their moments but they couldn't think of anywhere else they would rather be, besides where they were now... She tightened her hold on Ahmad's hand, she loved him; she had never for once, or for any reason let her love for him falter. But she was worried, ever since her third year, Saffy had been somewhat distant. She hardly ever wanted to talk about anything personal. Maryam on the other hand was always talking about Idris and they were looking forward to meeting him. She talked to Maryam about Saffy and Maryam had confirmed her fears, telling her Saffiyah had a bad relationship in their 2nd/3rd year in school, it had ended in a very hurting way and Saffy had sworn never to have anything to do with any man again. Aisha was confused on what to do, her only option was to talk to her husband about it; "Ahmad," she looked up at him. Ahmad looked into his wife's eyes and knew immediately that something was wrong, he took her to a nearby palm tree, sat down and pulled her down on his laps; "what is it dear?" He asked. She sighed and he took her hand in his and patted it; "Talk to me baby." "Its about Saffy." "And what about Saffy?" "She's been acting strange for some time haven't you noticed anything?" "I noticed that she's a bit distracted lately but I just thought you would handle it. Do you know what its all about?" "Well, Maryam told me that she had a bad relationship in school and swore never to have anything to do with men again." Ahmad's Patience snapped; "What? You mean someone toyed with my baby's feelings? Why didn't she say anything? I would have gone there to teach the brat a lesson!" "Calm down dear, it happened 3 years ago. All we have to do now is try and reach out to her." Ahmad sighed, he was angry, it was written all over him. "Maryam also said that Saffy was bent on finding our choice and not hers and that's how she got herself into that mess!" Ahmad gave her a blank look; "So this is about the tribe thing isn't it? I've told you Aisha,I don't really mind the tribe thing at all, as long as they're believers I'm okay. We'll just pray for God's guidiance and leave everything to Him." "Ahmad don't start shifting blames, we agreed on this together for our children from the start, so we are both at fault." "Aisha, I'm not blaming you for anything. Okay, we'll figure this out together." He pulled her to his chest and patted her hair; "we'll be fine honey, everything will be fine."    





     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx





         "Are you at the airport yet?" Saffiyah struggled with her boxes and tried to stay on the phone with Maryam; "Yes I am, I just got there. When I get to abuja I'll call you okay. I have to go, I'm having difficulty with these crazy boxes." "Okay dear. See you soon." Maryam was so excited, she just came into town from kano and Saffiyah was coming from Lagos. They had gone one full year without coming back home, they wanted to be on their own for that period and it was kind of refreshing. Idris had promised to come over that afternoon, and mum and dad were looking forward to meeting him. She had to start preparing for both of them. She had missed her sister so much. And she really hoped that this past year had also made her loosen up.    





      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    







      Maryam left the supermarket and walked towards her car when she heard a voice behind her; "Maryam! Maryam!" She turned around and saw who was running towards her, it just had to be.... Debbie! She managed a smile; "Heeeyyy Debbie! Ah ah! Longest time. How are you?" They hugged; "I'm fine dear, I'm so happy to see you again! How is Saffiyah?" "Saffiyah is very fine thank you. You look good. Turkey really treated you well." "Hmm my dear, thank you o! I just came back a couple of weeks ago, for my service. Did you hear about Jamal? He was the best medical student of his set in Turkey, he's now in India, there was this one time his parents tried to fix him up with one hausa girl and he refused all the way, but they went ahead to plan the wedding anyways, but Jamal never showed. He just buried himself into his studies, hardly ever noticed the girls that kept flashing the green lights in school, it was that bad... I guess he never really got over Saffy. Ha! High school love. Na wa o!" Maryam looked at Debbie like she could see through her, she hadn't changed. "Well, like I said back then, that's on your account, eerrrm I have to run along now Deb, let me give you my number so you can get through to Saffy okay? I have a very busy day ahead." She gave Debbie her number, she couldn't give her Saffy's number with the way she was running her mouth about the exact thing that had hunted her twin all these years. She got into her car, and drove off. Debbie stood there for a while... Lost in thoughts... On her account... She had felt guilty all these years for doing what she did. She couldn't bring herself to tell Jamal that she was the one that dropped that note. Yet he still helped her through some courses in school. Such a good heart he had. If only he knew... Maybe he would have hated her! She remember what he said once when she talked to him about Saffy... "I don't really know what went wrong between us, but if I ever find her again, I would make sure I leave no doubts when I tell her my love for her is beyond this life!"....



 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment