Thursday 5 September 2013

Blood Friends Prt 1

Kenechukwu stared at his hands, they were shaky! He couldn't believe what had happened. Just in a flash he lost all he had... The tears dropped on his palms. 'God but why?' He wondered. This had to be a bad dream... It just had to be a dream! Where was all this coming from??? His heart was heavy! His chest felt like he had the weight of the universe there! He leaned his back on the wall,flipped his head back and closed his eyes, and there she was,smiling down at him.. But he would never see her again... And the tears rolled down his face freely... ...
He had to talk to Kalu! Kalu had to be the lawyer that would get him out of this mess.. Even though that was clearly impossible. Kalu was his friend,his brother! They grew up together in Umueze motherless babies home in Anambra! They even schooled together! They both attended Uniport in Rivers state and that's where Kenechukwu even met her. Kaycee as he was popularly called then was a very quiet lad in school. Kalu was a bit notorious! He smiled as he thought about those times... When Kalu would go steal a pot of beans from a fellow student's kitchen and he would get bread or garri and they would both eat! How Kalu would buy a handout without paying and still ask for change! How Kalu always got into problems with too many girlfriends at a time! Ironically,Kalu was a Law student! 'Ah Kalu!' He murmured 'I should have known you wouldn't stop!' He remember vivdly the day he met her, he was glued to a spot,couldn't blink,move or speak,he just stared. He couldn't wait to tell Kalu when they got back to the hostel. "Mehn guy!" He said "You no go believe the kind chikala wey I see today! The chic set! Infact Nna that babe Odikwa too sexy!" "Wetin be her name?" Kalu asked. "I no know" Kaycee answered. "Shooooo! Kaycee! You wan tell me say una no communicate?" "See ehn Kalu, I no fit just halla the babe o! Ur guy just hook for there,I just press pause! U sef know me now. I no want make she com skemp me,u know dt kind thing na! Abeg help ur boy out na,no look me like dis!" "Okay okay! I no get lectures tomorrow,I go follow you go your department,just show me the babe and leave the rest to me!" And it was settled! The next day they both sat outside Kaycee's class waiting for the girl to pass by and the moment Kaycee sighted her,he signalled Kalu "Guy na the chic be that" Kalu got up and walked towards her "err excuse me miss,you dropped your money" he quickly brought out a hundred naira note from hs pocket and bent down and acted like he picked it up,he got up n stretched it towards her "oh no no that's not mine" she answered "are you sure? I saw it drop from your bag" he asked "I'm very sure,I have just fifty naira notes with me,no hundred" she answered with a smile. "Wow! Then I must have made a mistake. Anyway I'm Kalu,what's your name?" He stretched out hs hand; "I'm Emmanuella, but u can call me 'Ella" she shook his hand. "Wow Ella that's a sweet name,errr actually I was chilling with my friend before I saw you,would you like to join us? Please... We'll be honoured" she laughed "well, if it means that much to you guys,I'll join you" "Thank you" Kalu replied. Then they both walked back to where Kaycee was patiently waiting and sat down. "Ahem!" Kalu cleared his throat "let me do the introduction,Emmanuella meet Kenechukwu my brother from another mother,Kaycee - Ella" They started talking about school and all,Kaycee found out that they were both in department of Accounting but he was 2 years ahead of her. Kalu left them after a while and they both strolled to Ella's class,but luckily for them,her lecturer was absent so they talked for a long while and Kaycee took her for lunch while he starved all because he wanted to be a gentleman. At the end of the day,he knew virtually everything about her, she was from Imbise in Imo state,her parents had died in a car accident when she was 4 and she grew up with her mother's sister who didn't have a husband or child of her own. ... .... There was a thud on the wall beside Kaycee that jolted him back to the present, it was the guy in the cell next to his, "my man,how far na? U get cigar?" Kene stared at the wall like he could see through it! "For your information I don't smoke okay?" He snapped. "Okaaay hehehe" the guy replied "Na u dem dey hang next tomorrow? Heheheeee so that's why u wan kee yoursef? Guy you better cool down! Life is too short o! As we dey so,na YOLO things!" Kene was filled with rage! He wanted to crush the guy but then he remembered how he got here.... He fell to the floor and sobbed loudly till he fell into deep thoughts again... He remembered when he graduated and Kalu went to Law school,they were proud of each other. He served in GTB in Lagos state but he never forgot about his dearest Ella. He wrote to her everytime he got the chance to,and always got replies a week after. That was the only way they could communicate as there were no phones at the time,after 6months,he stopped getting replies from her. Her last letter seemed to have been written in a rush,and he became worried but he couldn't travel down to see her as there was no break. A week after he passed out,he travelled down to Uniport to see her and find out what happened. He got to her house and it looked like nobody had been there in a long time. He asked her neighbours and they said she never came back to resume after their 2nd semester break. He was lost! There was no way he could contact her, He sat down in front of her door n put his head in his hands... How would he ever find his Ella?...

3 comments:

  1. Yuns# wat a story...dont let nollywood writters lay hands on ur piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9ce piece, seriously waiting 4 part 2.........n beta no let anyting do Ella o!

    ReplyDelete