Saturday 11 January 2014

Broken Tears Episode 4

Wow! Seasons greetings everyone! I've been getting messages about this story, everyone wants to know what's going to happen between Jamal and Saffiyah... I appreciate that you all take time to read my posts, thank you very much. But I dunno y y'all feel reluctant to post the comments here instead of bbm and. whatsapp. Its all good tho. Let keep reading.......









"Saffiyah what are you writing?" Maryam looked over at her sister from where she was sitting in the room. They were alone at home, their dad had gone for a meeting earlier that day and their mum travelled the day before. Saffiyah had been distant and disturbingly quiet and she was worried. "Say something Saffy, I don't like the way you've been acting since we got back." Saffiyah sighed, scribbled something into the paper, pulled herself off the bed and handed it to Maryam. Maryam looked at her suspiciously but collected the paper anyway,her heart beat raced as she read through what turned out to be a letter;


    "Jamal...
I really do not know what to say or how to start. I dunno where all this wud lead,but I think we should stop whatever it is we have started. I am scared, n I don't want my parents trouble especially my mum. Its not ur fault that you're from Adamawa and I'm from Kwara, but maybe sometime in the future,ul understand and probably find a better person. We r still too young to even understand it now. I'm sorry, and I love you. ... Saffy"



Maryam laughed shakily; "what the hell is this Saffy?!" She asked her twin sternly. "Why would you want to do this to that guy? Oh for God's sake, stop being modest! I have had boyfriends and you haven't,so I know something real when I see one! Why do you think I stopped hanging around with guys recently? I see the way he looks at you Saffy, I have never had anyone look at me like that! Saffy don't throw this away because of mum and dad!" All the while Saffiyah was sobbing; "maryam please stop this okay? Mum would even kill me if she finds out I have a boyfriend, but well it just happened and now I have to make it right! And no matter what you do or say, I'll give him that letter!" Maryam was pissed at that point; "Very well then, but count me out okay? I'm not gon' help you deliver that letter to him. You'll have to do it yourself!" She walked out on her sister angrily, like seriously! Too young! Mum will be mad! Really! At what age did mum get married?! If she had Jamal to herself there was absolutely nothing anyone would do about it!





xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Saffiyah sat at her desk in class, lost in thoughts. She jumped out of fear when her class mate tapped her; "wow, you scared me Debby!" "I'm sorry I have been calling you to borrow me your economics note but you weren't answering. Whatsup? Why are you moody today?" Saffiyah sighed and told Debora everything, Debby was a good friend of hers, when she just came into the school, she helped her with notes and assignments, but Maryam didn't like her, she said Debby just wanted people to like her and she would do whatever it took to get attention! "Wow Saffy, but you two are so good together, everyone envies you! Did you talk to your mum about him?" "What? My mum? She would kill me! She would tag it infatuation, plus I'm only 15, I'm just confused. I don't know if this is real, but it feels so real. I have a note I want to give him, but my sister wouldn't help me give him,and I can't do it myself." Debby smiled at her; "I'll help you, if that's what you really want." Saffiyah thanked her, gave her the notebook she asked for and also the letter, Debby got up immediately and was off to Jamal's class and Saffiyah watched her with a very heavy heart. Immediately Debby walked out of the class, Maryam got up from the corner she had been watching them from and followed her,making sure Saffy didn't see her.





xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx





Debby got to Jamal's class and thankfully it was empty, probably they went out for a practical or so. She went over to Jamal's seat and opened his bag, slipped the letter in it and hurriedly turned around and yelped when she came face to face with Saffiyah's twin, almighty Maryam whom nobody dared to compete with in anything; "Oh Maryam, I didn't know you were there." She said, shivering. She wanted to walk away but Maryam blocked her way completely with her stance. Maryam smiled; "Debby," She started; "So, you are the break up piece yeah? I hope you know my sister isn't happy with this decision she made, that's why I refused to help her drop that letter, you haven't only succeeded in helping her drop that letter but also you have helped her shatter her happiness and Jamal's and until they get back together, you'll live with that guilt." With that she stepped back far enough to see what was going on outside. Debby turned around to go over to Jamal's bag to retrieve the letter when Maryam stopped her; "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Then she stepped out, out of sight. Debby walked towards the door and bumped into Jamal as he was about to enter his class. He was curious and wanted to question her presence when his other classmates poured into the class talking untop of their voices and before he could do anything, Debby was gone. xxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment: