Sunday 22 December 2013

Broken Tears Episode 3

 "Dupe!" Mrs Durojaiye called out; "go get the door, someone's knocking." She had come home early to prepare dinner for five, because the twins were coming into town today and they had kept it from Dupe because they wanted to surprise her. That's why she called her out to get the door herself, she would be so happy to see her friends again. She smiled at the sounds of the girls' squeals. They had grown up like sisters, and she was greatful since she couldn't have anymore children after she had Dupe. Dupe was her everything, after Michael of course! She loved her family with everything she was,her parents were late,and she was the only surviving child so this family was all she had. "Mummy mummy!!! Saffy and Maryam are here!" She chuckled and went to the living room, trying to act surprised; "oooooh my dears, how was your flight? How's mummy and daddy?" "They're fine ma!" Saffiyah answered, beeming. "Mummy you're looking younger!". Maryam observed. "Oh thank you my dear, and you're growing into a beautiful young lady." She replied knowing what Maryam liked to hear. "Saffy my little brownie, hope you've been a good girl to mummy and daddy?" "Yes I have ma, trust me now." "I do my dear, why don't you girls go in and freshen up while I prepare dinner." With that, the girls rushed in to Dupe's room, screaming and jumping and hugging.



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




"Wow Saffy, you're really in love with this guy." Dupe confirmed after Saffiyah narrated everything to her. Maryam raised an eyebrow; "I really don't know what's sooo bad about loving this guy, Saffy goes on talking about what mum and dad would say! If I should fall in love with a blind man, I'll marry the hell out of him! I really don't care o." Saffiyah rolled her eyes; "you're saying all these because you are not in that situation Maryam! Be reasonable jor! Mum and dad would kill me, especially mum! You know that!" Dupe held Saffiyah's hand on the bed; "Saffy, you should be patient for now, maybe sometime in the future,you'll meet someone who is really meant for you okay? We're still too young to know these things. And plus even if he's yoruba, I bet you wouldn't even have the guts to tell your mum that you have a boyfriend, because she would definitely kill you! So, can we talk about something else?" Maryam sighed and brought out her iPhone. "Maryam, I swear if you play 'My way' here I'll break that thing!" Dupe scolded. "Ah ahn! You too? Are you in love??? Please tell me, because only that can cause this beef for my playlist!" Maryam said, laughing hard. Saffiyah brought out the box of chocolates they bought and they all sat round it and ate, while updating each other on what they had missed.





xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




Their holiday was fun; they went shopping with Dupe and her mum, played video games with her dad, strolled with her, and talked about everything! When it was time for them to leave it wasn't as painful as the first time, knowing they would see each-other soon again and they would have lots to talk about. Saffiyah hadn't decided what to do about Jamal yet, Dupe wasn't really interested in boys yet and Maryam was just too into Wande coal to worry about anything! While they were at the airport waiting, someone tapped Maryam from behind; "Please could you send me that song you're listening to?" He asked; maryam turned around to see the face behind the soothing voice and smiled at him; "Of course." After a while their flight was announced and it was time to leave, Saffiyah texted Dupe that they were leaving so they could stop waiting and head home. In the plane, they met the guy again, Maryam's was to sit next to him and Saffiyah sat behind them; "Aah, we meet again! I'm not sending you any more of my songs though!" Maryam stated. "Oh no problem, I have up to three thousand songs on my play list you know." "Wow, so much? Can I have a look." And they went on and on and Saffiyah just sat there, thinking about Jamal....


No comments:

Post a Comment